If you live in a cold climate, wait until all the ice on the ground has melted.
- Connect the backflow device and the skimmer to the filter.
- Reset the water level.
- Restart the filter.
- Clean the pool bottom.
- Check the water pH level - ideally between 7.2 and 7.8.
- Add chlorine to the water (best to do after the sun has set).
- After several days of running the filter, add a stabilizer to the pool water.
- Add algaecide to prevent algae formation.
- Begin regular pool maintenance.
- Do not drain the water completely from your pool unless absolutely necessary.
- Do not leave the pool empty for a long period of time and avoid exposing an empty pool to direct sunlight.
- Check all bolts and screws every year to ensure they are in good condition.